2010-11-20

Updated Version!

I have to admit it. When it comes to typography, I get overwhelmed. For some reason, more is always better when I choose type. The more serifs, embellishments, and curly q's the better. The more obscure and difficult to read, the more I like it. Unfortunately, in the area of communication, my taste for type can make things unclear. After chatting with my friendo, artist and designer, Max Olson, he helped me select type and decide type placement to better emphasize my illustration. My illustration stands louder than the text, and showcases the image. I should step outside my comfort zone and habits more often because I learned something new.

P.s. Max is in his third year at Emily Carr University of Art and Design with me! He majors in Communication Design and has amazing intuition for typography, colour, and form. I especially love his expressionistic mark-making pieces. Check out his stuff here: www.maxolson.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment